Fox honors silent film icon Clara Bow with the release of Call Her Savage as part of their Cinema Archive line.
Let's get this out in the open: itinerant musician-widower Antonio Gomez (Ricardo Montalban) isn't going to be nominated for "Father of the Year" honors any time soon. Antonio isn't a bad father to his ten-year-old son Francisco (known to one and all as "Paco") -- he certainly doesn't mentally or physically abuse the child -- but he's (read more)
Anne Baxter is probably best remembered today for her Oscar-winning supporting role in The Razor's Edge (1946) and her Oscar-nominated performance in All About Eve (1950), but a closer look at her career shows she starred in a great many excellent films throughout the 1940s and '50s.
Baxter, the granddaughter of famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright, (read more)
- Hitchcock: The Nooks and Crannies by David Pitts
- Carole Lombard: Screwball Comedienne by Laura Grieve
- Silent Cinema: Buster Keaton, Part One (The Roscoe Arbuckle Years, 1917-1920) by The Mythical Monkey
- The Old Corral: Fred MacMurray Rides the '50s West by Toby Roan
- Classics 101: Eight Wonders, Twelve Movies - A History of King Kong by Cliff Weimer