Criterion announced Katharine Hepburn's Oscar-nominated film, Woman of the Year will be making its Blu-Ray premiere in April, as well as receiving an upgraded DVD.
The Quiet Man was a personal story for its director. Originally born John Martin Feeney, the man we'd come to know as John Ford was the child of Irish immigrants; so it's easy to see Maurice Walsh's story idea involving the daily life of Irish citizens appealed to him. The Quiet Man became a tribute to Ford's parents, an acknowledgement of (read more)
You'll see many strange things in science fiction and fantasy television: space aliens, interstellar travel, super powers, and more. Yet even within the fantastic realm of genre entertainment, you sometimes encounter episodes that are just...bizarre. This month, let's look at some of the strangest episodes of popular sci-fi series. They may (read more)
- Dark Cinema: "Danger"-ous Noirs by Karen Hannsberry
- The Old Corral: Hank - The Westerns of Henry Fonda by Jeff Arnold
- Silent Cinema: Friendship and Family in Silent Film by Fritzi Kramer
- TV Time: Underrated Feel-Good Christmas Episodes by Rick Brooks
- Dark Cinema: Flawed Gents of Pre-Code, Vol. 2 by Karen Hannsberry